About ELIE Circle, LLC.
Think about all the adults this girl interacts with in a day that could be unintentionally harming and maintaining unsafe spaces for her.
ELIE Circle, LLC. works to eliminate that harm through research, professional development training sessions, education, and consulting. We seek to create trauma-informed communities - environments that focus on not re-traumatizing individuals and assist with development that may have been lost or delayed due to trauma (i.e., emotion regulation and empathy).
Life Changing Tools
Trauma-informed care is a framework for interacting with the unnoticed and diagnosed trauma in our world. The advantages of trauma-informed care are that it is not a treatment modality, anyone can be trained on the approach, and it doesn't ignore the experiences of individuals. Having a basic understanding in trauma-informed care protects against doing more harm to people that are experiencing trauma or continuous stress. While our services are applicable for any organization, ELIE Circle, LLC. prioritizes training staff without a psychology, social work, or similar background at child serving organizations.
Professional Development Sessions
- Trauma-Informed Care Framework
- Complex Trauma and Race-Based Trauma
- Brain Development
- Trauma Impacts
- Vicarious Trauma (Secondary Traumatic Stress)
- Growth Mindset
Intentionally Building Relationships in a Trauma-Informed Manner
- Barriers Including Race and Gender
- Techniques including Self-Awareness, Boundaries, Committing to Antiracism, and Engage in Conversation
Understanding Implicit Bias Through Trauma-Informed Lens
- Implicit Bias Overview
- Implicit Bias Impacts
- Techniques Including Trauma-Informed Lens, Slowing Down, and Addressing Yourself
Communicating in a Trauma-Informed Manner
- Importance (increase problem solving, facilitate discipline, de-escalate situations, teach empathy, and assist with managing emotions)
- Barriers Including Gordon's Roadblocks
- Techniques Including Motivational Interviewing, Empathic Communication, Restorative Practices, and Discipline with the Brain in Mind
- Creating trauma-informed out-of-school
- Facilitating discussions and Q&A
- Adapting training sessions for your organization's specific needs
Each client receives a free consultation meeting to discuss organizational needs.